Friday, July 22, 2011

PA to NY




This face described how she felt about today's travel..... THRILLED!  We headed out of PA and traveled on to NY.  However as we were driving we passed the "Hershey Park" sign.  I turned to Mike and said I hear that you can take a plant tour for free!  So, off the exit we went.  OH MY ... THE HEAT of the day was insane!  We headed strait for the indoor area where you could take a small tour & do a few "hands-on" activities.  I actually felt sorry for all those fools people that decided to PURCHASE tickets to the aamusement park today!  I think the the temps reached over 100 today!!



Headed into the Hershey Chocolate Factory.


Thrilled to be able to "play" with the Hershey-kiss machine. 






Taking a train ride on the free tour.  We were able to "see" (all of it fake, but made to look like the real thing) how they make the candy.  She didn't know that it wasn't real and she was in awe!

Since we did get buy paying $0.00 for our tour we decided that a small treat was in order.  Especially since it was SOOOOOOO HOT outside.  And wow!  was it a sweet treat.  (Hershey Chocolate-peanut butter ice-cream)  Not a bad day for $3.36!!  Really -- if you ever pass by and want to have a fun little treat for the kids it's quite a cute place.  It's free as long as you don't stay more than 3 hrs and if you can pass by ALL those sweet shops & not buy any of the yummy treats.

Then, it was off to our hotel in NY for a little swimming & some dinner!  Now, off to bed, because I can hardly keep my eyes open.  (The other two are SOUND asleep!!)  Tomorrow?  Hike across the Hudson River Bridge & off to Boston!!!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my GOSH, how DO you come up with these "just passing by" moments?? I was wondering what you all would just happen to pass by this time!! This looks more fun then the crayon factory!! Your pictures are wonderful!! I have copied quite a few and am doing this for my blog post tomorrow! Kiss them both for me! That one of Anne and Mike (the formal looking one) is awesome!!

Ward and Sallie said...

Enjoyed the pics. Looks like you are having a good time. Look forward to more pics. Be safe. Love you - Mom

Kristi said...

FYI ~ Hershey Park is on my bucket list...
Looks delicious!