Friday, July 22, 2011

Boston or Bust....



We're headed to Boston (and then Maine).  Going to let my hubby (who's a NY fan -- go figure) see a Red-Sox game.  He swears it's not about the team, but just getting to be in "THAT" ball park.  And I must say since they are playing Seattle, I was ok with it!! (wink wink).  But really, we are on our little family vacation, and I'm excited.  I've always wanted to see Boston & Maine (and surrounding areas).  So we're off...... I don't want to bore some of you ... but I told the Grandparents I'd update here as often as possible so they can see pic's so here goes.......




We started off Thursday night....We didn't leave until late, so we didn't get but about 3 1/2 hours driving in.  We did cross three states (4 if you count where we started).  But then decided it was after 9pm and Anne Marie was STARVING!!  (Poor girl...she's excited though, so she didn't complain too much).


We finally pulled off, found a hotel and broke out some sandwich "fixn's" and had dinner.  (My way of saving money was to pack a TON of food and try to eat out as little as possible.)  She was thrilled we were here to stay the night... jumped on the beds, ran around the room & asked if she could swim. 

Daddy relaxed w/ a little cable sports ... since we doesn't have it @ home, he was happy!

We're off to NY tomorrow...

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for tasking us along on your trip, I can't wait to see what's next! And here people say we never go anywhere!! Ha ha!! So did you let her go swimming at 9:30? Today was a first, Chuck did not bite or scratch Phil. But he found out how to hypnotize him by scratching his tailbone, what a funny story! And no, Chuck did not scratch Phil's tailbone!!

Jen H. said...

Fun, fun...I love it!!! The blog makes me feel like I get to go on vacation with you!! Enjoy a Lobster Tail for me and Maine...I can't wait to see what you think!!! We LOVED it!!

Kristi said...

I for one love your vacation posts! One of these days we are gonna brave it and have a driving vacation ourselves ~ making notes from your travel logs of course!