Saturday, July 23, 2011

Boston Here We Are!!!

But 1st there was a small pit-stop we had to make.  While having dinner last night - we found out that there was a walking bridge over the Hudson River in Poughkeepsie.  Well I just knew we had to do that!!  So, we got up early, ate breakfast & headed out to hit the bridge before taking off to Boston.  (Mostly we got up early because it was going to be 100 deg. again today and I DID NOT want to walk the 2.5miles of the bridge in the heat of the day!!)  And what a beautiful walk it was!!


Photo in the middle of the bridge overlooking the river.

 The best $0.25 we spent today... she LOVED looking at the boats & cars driving over the other bridge over the Hudson River.  And it wasn't one of those cheap 1/2 second deals either -- it let her view for about 3minutes!


The view of a beautiful Church looking over the river & the driving bridge.


On to Boston we went.........




We got to Boston a little before dinner, so we decided to head out to the Metro & go downtown to see what we could get into.  Well, around the corner from the Metro stop where we got off was China Town.  PERFECT!  We walked around until we could find the most locals in a restaurant.  Found it we DID!  This is the best Chinese food we've had in the US!  YUM!  We then took a walk down the street -- just to see what the street vendors were selling.  Of course we ended up buying someone special a little gift.  A purple Chinese parasol... perfect for the HOT sunny day we were having!  We then came across a Chinese bakery.  OH BOY!  We brought dessert back to the hotel.  YUMMMY!  Quite a perfect day.  Looking forward to our game tomorrow & other fun things that we might get to do in Boston... Until then.....

4 comments:

Beverly said...

It sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy, and try to stay cool.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gosh, each day keeps getting better!! The two of you are beautiful on the bridge! And I love that little church!

Jen H said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Beautiful view fromthe bridge.

Kristi said...

The last time I was in Boston I was a freshman in college and I though Faneuil Hall was the coolest thing there ~ China was not yet on my radar... I had no idea they had a bustling Chinatown. Now I've got to go back!