Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Taste of Seattle in Boston

Many of you know that I grew up in Washington State. So, I have a love for the sports teams from there.  When we planned our trip to Boston Mike asked if we could go to a game.  I really wasn't sure that I wanted to spend the money (or time) at a baseball game, however when I found out they were playing the Mariners I was in!  So Sunday we spent most of the day @ Fenway park.



Mike thrilled to be in Fenway (even though he's a NY fan!?!?!)  But he was thrilled -- talking about the history in this park & so on & so on...



Well, there was one thing that Anne Marie and I were thrilled about.... an autograph from a Mariners player




Enjoying the game... I made sure that we all wore blue and white and green.  We even sat behind a family of RedSox fans EXCEPT their son -- who was a Mariners fan!  Funny!

Sad to say ... we lost :(   Final score : RS 12 / SM 8 


We then headed back to the hotel to eat left over Chinese food from the previous night & a dip in the pool

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Cute last picture! So did it meet Mike's expectations? Did you actually meet a player and get his autograph?? O.K. I can't wait till you get back so I can hear all your stories!! Mike called Phil the other night, and when he hung up I was asking him all about where you were and what you were doing. He didn't know!!! All they talked about was cars and Chuck, gads!!

Beverly said...

That's neat...I'm not a RedSox fan, but it would be neat to visit the park at Fenway. I was in Wrigley for a Cubs/White Sox game once, and that was so much fun.

Go Rays!