Last weekend we headed to the strawberry patch to see if there might be any strawberries left for picking. We were thinking that we might get enough for some fresh strawberry ice-cream. Well, when we got there, it was the last weekend for picking & the berries were VERY small , so we decided we'd just skip it. Until a lady came beside us & asked the girl behind the counter if the cherries were ready yet. When the girl said yes, we knew what we were going to do --- have cherry ice-cream instead!! So we picked & picked (and boy the trees were full -- we could have picked more!) Then took our box full home for some fresh-made cherry-ice-cream. (I even made 5 jars of cherry-jam.)
Anne Marie was begging to help -- so I got out my apron (because the little device that I use to pit the cherries can squirt juice everywhere & you do NOT want that juice on your clothes) So, we both got out our aprons (and her cute little chef hat) and started to pit.....
I think she had the most fun doing this...
We then blended the cherries until we got a smooth puree.....
Then we strained it to get the skins out of the puree....
Mixed the ice-cream mix to put in the ice-cream-maker....
Then enjoyed YUMMY cherry ice-cream!!! We'll have to add this to our strawberry, blackberry & raspberry picking tradition each summer!! You gotta love summer time!!




1 comment:
As much as I love cherries I have never been cherry picking. That sounds like fun ~ and looks yummy too!
Post a Comment