Friday, June 10, 2011

Our New Cousin/Nephew


New baby Cousin/Newphew "JJ" (as we now call him) was 3 weeks old this past week, and my sister & her husband wanted to have baby/family pictures taken.  I told her I'd be happy to do it, since the subject matter was TOO cute & I'd have TOO much fun.  I know I"m not a professional, but at least the "cost" (free) was right -- and I thought they turned out quite cute.  This new little bundle of joy that has just joined our family is so sweet that I just had to share some of my favorite pictures of the day......


Mike laughed at me when he saw the basket, pillows & blankets laying around -- but I thought it turned out quite cute!!  (Baby JJ was not too happy about being 1/2 clothed & in a basket -- see final picture for a "real moment" , but I quite enjoyed these shots!!)


Baby J in his daddy's hands....so sweet!!


My sister, her husband, my niece (BIG sis) and baby "JJ"


Big sis & baby brother

I saw this idea online, so I had to duplicate it -- I don't know that we got it right, but I think it turned out cute anyway!!!  (and of course my sister just had her nails done, so it was worth a shot!! Haaa!)

Our "real" moment....this was what he thought of me most of the time.  I'm sure he was tired of me sticking my camera in his face so much & taking 1/2 of his clothes off....but you know there is just something about this picture I love....harsh-truth & all.... it'll be one to laugh about with him one day!!

I now know what I want for Christmas -- a new lense for my camera & a really nice editing sofware for my computer .... oh this could get fun!!

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awwwwww!!! Melissa, these are AMAZING!!!! You are really an artist with the camera!!! The third one is definitely my favorite!!! I also love the one where Ashley's hands are a heart, and I see what you mean about the last one, it is very ALIVE! I've just been staring at these for quite awhile now, wish I had your kind of ideas!