Whew!! We're finally in March's posts! Well, the 1st week of March was a rough start for Anne Marie. She had a bit of a cold - a slight fever & a NASTY cough! We finally ended up @ the Dr. getting cough syrup & a few steriods to get us through the breathing troubles she was having. So, she had to miss a few days of pre-school. Well, she was not happy when she missed the Wednesday they were to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. Each year they celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday @ pre-school by having different grandparents come in during reading time to read to the kids, they read a ton of fun Dr. Seuss's books and they usually make a Cat in the Hat hat & other crafts. Well, feeling bad for her I had a little something planned for her. I was going to make green eggs for breakfast, but since she wasn't feeling good she asked for oatmeal, and I did that instead...but we did get the crafts done & the special on-line games. (Thank you PBS!)
I broke out the white & red construction paper & we made Cat-in-the-Hat hats! (not the best construction, but still fun none-the-less. She DID however point out that all the layers didn't match up quite right!!)
Then we found out that PbsKids had a few special things on their website today in honor of Dr. Seuss, so we played a few games and watched a couple cartoons.
Not much, but when you're sick it's about as much as she could handle. At least she won't feel like she missed out on all the fun!!




2 comments:
I totally missed Seuss day ~ guess there is a drawback to not being in preschool...
Glad you were able to salvage the day and make Anne Marie feel like she didn't miss all the fun!
I am sure she had just as much fun at home with you!!! Glad she is feeling better!
Post a Comment