Sunday, March 6, 2011

February Update #8

Are you tired of us yet????  Well, this is the last post in February!!  Whew!  And, it's all about me!  Boohisss!  I know, not even a picture of Anne Marie in this post!  Who wants a post w/out her?   But I just wanted to show you how special my friends are.  My birthday is at the end of February and my friends worked it out with my husband that the Friday of my birthday they could come and pick me up to take me out to dinner & a "treat".  Well, as they know, I love (LOVE) sushi!  So we went to our local sushi bar -- and my ever-so-talented friend Heather (how many times have I mentioned her on my blog?  That would be a fun fact to research) made me a special cake to add to my very special night!!




 
A cake of "sushi".  Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen?  It was Chai-Spiced cake (knowing that I LOVE chai tea) with lemon-honey icing (knowing that I HATE HATE HATE regular icing -- she made a special light, low-sugar icing) that I LOVED LOVED LOVED!!  It's now my favorite cake she makes!

Thanks to all my special friends that made my day very special, and my wonderful husband and daughter that allowed me to spend some birthday time with my girlfriends!!

3 comments:

Ally said...

OMG! that is the cutest cake EVER!!! Sounds like a special night for Someone Special :) Miss you all!

Kristi said...

Love that cake!!! How fun to have such a talented friend!
And happy late birthday!

Cindy M said...

What a sweet cake! Happy Birthday!!