Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February Update #4

One thing I love about Anne Marie's preschool is they are always very open to learning new things & letting parents get involved with the classes.  Anne Marie's teachers let Anne Marie share a little about Chinese New Year during class time this February.  We made little red envelopes filled with Chinese stickers (lanterns, dragons, Chinese fans & such), chocolate Chinese coins & chop sticks.  Then we had our VERY talented bakery-owner Heather make us Chinese New Year Cookies  for the year of the rabbit.  Then, I stayed in class for a bit and read them a book all about Chinese New Year.  Anne Marie also wanted to wear one of her outfits too. (which has gotten too small - but it's one of our last ones...boohoo!)   She just loves sharing about her Chinese history!


Anne Marie with her cookies and red-envelope gifts!


Our "Year-of-the-Rabbit" cookies.  Too cute, right?

The book we read to the class.

3 comments:

Ally said...

Okay, I just had to take a second look to make sure that was Anne Marie. She is getting so grown up. Where have our little girls gone :(

Jen H said...

Love it!! Those cookies turned out so cute!!

Kristi said...

Anne Marie looks so proud! I'm sure it was a very special day for her to share about her heritage.
And if you need/want a few new silk outfits, I know someone headed to the source in the next few months... :)