Valentines Day snuck up on us this year. So, I pulled out an "old favorite". We made the same chocolate/sprinkle covered marshmallows that we did last year for our school-friend treats. I also asked my bakery-owner-friend Heather if she happened to have any extra sugar-cookie-dough at the baker I could buy from her so I could just "roll-cut-decorate" the cookies this year. YEAH! She did! So, Anne Marie's teachers, Daddy & Grandma & Grandpa all got special decorated cookies!
Anne Marie ready to dip & decorate our marshmallows on a stick!
This is such a nice thing to make because other than heating up the chocolate & laying them out to dry,
Anne Marie can do most of the decorating!!
Then, it was time to roll out the cookie dough! Soooooo much easier when the dough is already done!
Decorate, Bake & done!! :) (Thanks Heather!!!)
Should I even admit this? You'll think I'm a bad mom -- but I'm gonna tell ya anyway... I let Anne Marie have a "special breakfast" on Valentines morning before school. A valentines cookie -- AND raspberries -- you MUST count the raspberries because the cancel out the cookie right?!?!? We were up so late making cookies that she didn't even get to try one the night before - I felt bad - so I let her have one for breakfast! There, I said it ...... now judge me if you must!
Ready to take her treats to her school friends & teachers. Ok -- and I must say --- how cute was this little valentines outfit? It was stuff already in her closet, but I think she was just too cute not to mention it!




2 comments:
I can't believe YOU gave her a cookie for breakfast...you are such a GREAT mom...and she will probably remember that cookie breakfast for years to come!! Love her Valentine's outfit...she is too cute!!
I personally think it makes you a better mom for serving the cookie for breakfast. :) After all, there were raspberries involved.
Gotta keep kids guessing anyway!
Post a Comment