This post is going to be a little "non-traditional" regarding Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving-Eve we had plans to go to a very special program with Grandma & Grandpa. Unfortunately they had become ill & had to cancel coming to the program with us & even had to cancel coming on Thanksgiving day. We're sooooo sad, but hope they feel better soon!
We were running around Wednesday getting things ready. Mike had to work all day, I helped my friend in her store downtown part of the day as well. Then, I had to start the pie, the cranberry salad & a few other things to make sure I had things ready for Thanksgiving. (Even though Mike's parents aren't coming my sister still is.) We almost took the program off our schedule....but since it was a program by Living Hope involving Chinese children we decided we just couldn't cancel. They have orphanages/schools in China for children that have families that either can not take care of them or had families at one time and due to circumstances are no longer with them.
Can I just say God has a way of making you realize that if you just follow his plans he will bless you. I know that it's a very small thing - this program, but I just sat in that Church sanctuary last night in tears. Knowing that I am soooo thankful for how our God works in people all over the world. How thankful I am for my family that will forever be part of the beautiful people in China. And thankful for all the people that are called by God to take care of & support these beautiful children in this country that we've grown so fond of.
The kids sang a song last night called "There are no orphans of God" - somehow I've missed ever hearing this song, but it was beautifully done by them & it made me so thankful that we not only are able to be a part of God's plan to help orphan children through adoption, but so thankful that WE are adopted by him.
We wish all our friends & family a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!!




2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Oh wow!!! What good pictures, I was hoping you would take pictures! I wish so much we could have gone, I am actually sitting here looking at this in tears, but just so glad that you all got to go, it looks even more special then I thought it would be!!
Post a Comment