Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Halloween Weekend!!

This is our sweet little mermaid. I found this dance-outfit at our local thrift store months & months ago!! I paid $2 -- it needed a little sewing, but it was quite easy to fix. Then, we made her mermaid crown & staff. She loved her outfit!! Friday night she went with my mom & cousin Naomi to the down-town area for about an hour or so where they were having a special trick-or-treat time for kids. It was nice -- Anne Marie & Naomi got to spend special time with my mom & Mike and I had a little "mini-date-night".

We were invited to a friends Halloween party on Saturday. What fun! Everyone had to dress up... mike was a clam (can't you tell? to go w/ the mermaid? Everyone asked...no one figured it out, but Anne Marie was proud her daddy made a costume to go along with hers.) I was a sophisticated witchy-woman...again, just borrowed the hat & dressed in black ... and called it a costume. We didn't work too hard on our outfits, but you MUST dress up to be admitted through the doors of the party, so we had to come up with something!!

There was dancing.... and the freeze-frame game... adults & children.
Whoohoooo I won the adult contest!!


There was yummy food. Everyone brought a dish...there were so many good things to eat. However my very special friend Heather...who is OH SO TALENTED...made this special Halloween cake. Too cute!!

There was the mummy-wrap game... we came in 2nd :(


and finally ... pass the pumpkin. Anne Marie made it down to the last 4!! A great time was had by all -- we look forward to this party every year. We just love that it's a fun place to be with great friends & very kid-friendly!

Then, it was pumpkin carving time. We wanted to get him ready for Halloween night.

Her favorite part ... cleaning out the "gooo".

She even drew Daddy a picture of what she wanted the face of the pumpkin to look like.

Anne Marie and her pumpkin. I think Daddy did a GREAT job w/ the face. It turned out very close to the picture if you ask me!



Halloween night we dropped by Grandma & Grandpa's for a little trick-or-treating. Grandma always has a special treat waiting for us. Anne Marie loved the bat cupcakes.


Then, it was on to our Church for Trunk-or-Treat! We met up with cousin Naomi there who just happened to dress up as a lobster (NOT EVEN PLANNED!!!) So everyone thought it was sooooo cute ... the little mermaid & Sebastian!!! :) They really were quite the pair!

The walked around to each car, got tuns of candy! Whew.....I'm ready for a day off!!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love the coordinating costumes! And Anne Marie and her cousin were just too precious together!

Jen H said...

Looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend...I love this time of year!!

Ally said...

She is the prettiest little mermaid I have ever seen!

ShortandSweet said...

Glad you had fun, cute pics and next year you better be a something other than a witch! You are required to come up with a family costume. :)~
MuHuAhhahahahha!! I'm mean. :)