
Guess where we are now?!?!?! We're headed back down south (headed home :( we're a little sad, but I also think that by the time we get home we'll be ready to sleep in our own beds!)
We got here just in time to check in, rest our heads for a few minutes & then head out to dinner.
.JPG)
This place was suggested to us by one of the staff @ the hotel (and it's another place we've seen on the food-network -- how funny that we've seen two places in the areas we've been & we don't even have cable @ home!!) Well -- Mike said right away when we figured out where we were coming that he remembered this place he'd seen on TV w/ the HUGE sandwiches. It took a tiny bit of research & taaadaaa -- we found it. We double checked w/ the hotel staff & we were on our way...gotta love a hotel that has a FREE bus service to area locations!!!

This is Mike's sandwich -- they were HUGE -- but he had no problem eating it all! And he had to try the local brewed beer here too. He was in heaven!

FINALLY..... a good night sleep in a comfy hotel w/ AC & fluffy pillows!!!
.JPG)
Today we asked the hotel bus service to take us downtown just to walk around a little bit. This was one of the many bridges that crossed over the river in the city. What a fun city to walk
around in....and guess where this bridge was taking us........

A baseball game!!!! Mike was very excited...he just kept saying "wow, I feel so guilty, I keep getting to do all these really cool things for me!" Well, let's just let him think that I'm that "good" of a wife -- what's funny is I have had a BLAST doing all these things he's wanted to do -- but maybe if I let him think I sacrificed I'll get a spa weekend out of this one day....haaaa!
.JPG)
Anne Marie & Daddy ready to enjoy the baseball game. We had free-buffet breakfast @ the hotel, so we filled up - skipped lunch & had snacks @ the park for dinner. Ok -- I'm a bad mom! This poor child has been going to bed late every night & not eating very well -- but boy it has been WAY TOO MUCH FUN!! (We'll be back to "normal" when we get home.)

This is one of the Pirate's baseball players -- tonight was "bobble-head" night -- which means everyone that buys a ticket gets a bobble-head of one of the players -- this was our "bobble-head-player". Anne Marie was so excited - she kept taking "him" in and out of the box playing with him. So, we'll have 3 to take home! The game was soooooo much fun! We ended up having to leave a little early -- Pittsburgh lost :( but it was a really good game & close at one point! We got the "cheap" seats - but let me tell you this is a really nice stadium and between the fact that all the seats seemed to have a nice view & the fact that I had my extra-large-camera-lens with me I was able to get great pictures!!
3 comments:
I love the bridge picture! I've never seen a walking bridge that looks so much like a big driving bridge. I cannot believe Anne hasn't been eating much! The cool Italian place and all, it looks like you've been having such yummy food.
How was Primaniti Bros? I remember seeing that place back in the days we still had cable. Mike's sandwich looked delicious!
And don't stress about the nutrition. That's what vacations are about. My kids are dying to tear into the "beach cereal" (known to the rest of the world as Lucky Charms) when we hit the coast. It's a fun vacation splurge...
Wow it looks like you all had such a fun week! Makes my week at the beach look so boring. lol I know Anne Marie will never forget it!
Post a Comment