
Ok -- so we're going two days back ... Tuesday we arrived in Niagara Falls. We headed to the camp ground. It was HOT -- and I don't mean just hot, I mean 90 deg. + and w/ the humidity it was WAY more than that. Just walking make you drip in sweat! I was a little worried about the fact that we had chosen this time-frame to camp! And not just camp -- but camp in the little cabins @ the camp-ground. Now, please note that there is ONE window in this cabin -- and it doesn't even open the whole way!! Let me just tell you that at this point I was almost in tears realizing how we were going to suffer while sleeping! I would have much rather been in our tent, but we had already made the reservations! So, we were going to have to make the best of it!

Our girly & baby ling "relaxing" at the campsite...trying to cool off!

Mike "chillin" @ our cabin. (See what I mean about the window?)

A little friend that came to visit us....


We got to the campground in time for dinner -- however since it was so hot, we decided to make cold turkey sandwiches w/ cheese & tomatoes since none of us were in the mood for hot food. However, you CAN NOT pass the opportunity to make smore's -- but we did wait for the sun to start going down to start a fire! At least the chocolate had no problem melting!!!

Then, it was time for bed -- and as you can tell...our poor child's hair was sticking to her forehead....it was SOOOOO HOT! (Did I already mention that??) Sleeping was quite AWFUL ...and I'll just add that the bugs were NUTS. I had bug spray -- but I must not have sprayed my ankles/feet enough -- beucase let me just tell you -- I have over 20 bites on just ONE (yes ONE) foot!!!!!! OUCH!!!!

The next day it was time for a trip to the falls!! (At least we knew we were going to get wet there --- a way to cool off -- because this day was just as hot -- if not worse!!) Again, we were on a budget here, so ahead of time, we decided we would choose ONE thing to do @ the park. (If you've never been to NF's -- there are quite a few things to do and most things cost at least $11 a person.) We at least found free-parking! YEA! (Don't be fooled -- the guys that charge $10 in town are a rip -- you can park for free!!) Well, Mike choose....................................

Maid of the Mist....(the boat that goes by the falls .. both US and Canada) Now, please excuses the fact that these next handful of pictures are not the best quality -- I did not feel like having an "accident" with my camera, so I used the old camera that we were letting Anne Marie use during our trip....it didn't do too bad though!!

My "two fav's" ready to board the boat....


These are two pictures of the US side of the falls -- I only wish I could have got better pictures -- it really was cool!! And the Canada side was even better -- but it was SOOOO wet over there, that I couldn't even pull out the old camera to take pictures of it. This will just have to be one of those memories we'll have to keep in our "memory-bank". It was loud, wet & very beautiful!
.JPG)
After you get off the boat, to the right, there is a set of stairs -- it goes 1/2 way up the side of the falls -- I could just tell by the look on Mike's face that we were going up those stairs after the boat ride was over. (This picture is of a group going up the stairs ... I took it after we had already gone up & started up the regular stair-way...I just had to show how close it was to the falls & how much water comes down on you.....because this is what we looked like after.....

Anne Marie & Daddy at the end of the stairs.....

Anne Marie &Mommy @ the top of the "regular" stairwell looking down on the overlook. We were soaked -- and even thought it was HOT, due to the humidity, we stayed wet for hours!!
5 comments:
Well, I am happily surprised, because you DID get good pictures of the Falls! I was expecting none, but these really convey the atmosphere! Oh, those rickety, scary steps. yikes!! Twisty and with mist all over, double yikes! You all three went up those? Weren't they very slippery? Didn't you have to sign a life insurance poilcy or something? You know I just have to come at this from a mom's point of view!! Anyway, I'm glad I didn't know about those steps beforehand! Come to think of it, you may have been in more danger back at the cabin - heat stroke, you know. I love the pics of happy Mike & Anne going on the boat! And a great one of the little furry critter! Can't wait to see more of your adventures.
The Falls are on my bucket list, thanks for the preview! And oh, sister, I'm feeling your pain on the heat. Ian and I set up a tent at the Myrtle Beach KOA a few years back when we checked in after dark and got so sweaty we went to take showers when we were done. It was 94 at 11:30. Suffocating. But somehow we managed to have fun anyway!
Keep the fun stories coming, I'm loving this trip!
Love the pictures you got of the falls...and the Maid of the Mist is definately an experience not to miss...I am glad you all chose it!! Sorry to hear about the heat...I felt awful for Anne Marie in those pictures!! Can't wait to see the next stop!! Be safe!!
I'm sorry you encountered such heat, but the falls are amazing and not to be missed. Your daughter is darling. Our youngest daughter came to us from Korea 35 years ago. She was the smartest thing we ever did :-). I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
Yahhhh!!!! You made it! I am so excited to see the falls! Maybe one day we can head that way. I will be sure to do it in the cooler months though. Glad you are having fun. Thank you for sharing your adventure!
Post a Comment