Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Church Praise Band

Have I ever mentioned that our Church just recently started a more "contemporary" service in the last couple of years? It's been (for me anyway) very refreshing...I love the music and more "teachable" sermons! Well, our praise-band (consisting of many friends) recently was invited to play in a local park for a Christian-Music-Night. Many of us decided to go and support them. (And hear some great music). Anne Marie also enjoys our new service & the music quite a bit as well. She always is singing and clapping to the more up-beat music. I just love the fact that it keeps her attention and love to hear her try to sing the songs -- it does my heart good to know that it's just one more way she's learning about God.

Our praise band "rocking-out"

Anne Marie clapping & singing along

Enjoying the show!

Our friend Mattie decided that she wanted to sit with us for a while...it's so great that we have such good friends as fellow Church members.

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

Looks like a wonderful day and I agree, some of my best friends go to church with me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What would we do without our church families, they are really a blessing and a strength in times of trouble. And lots of fun in good times!!