Sunday, June 27, 2010

3rd Day of our Beach Vacation

Today was another HOT day!! We headed out to the beach early - just after breakfast. The temp's have been so high here, that the water is warm even 1st thing in the morning!












Today we played in the sand alot -- building sand castles. I also took Anne Marie "out to the big waves, just like daddy does" - or so she said. I took her out far enough in the ocean that I could stand, but I had to hold her & we were able to sit as the waves passed over us. I usually make Mike do it since it scares me to go out that far with her, but there was a pack of about 15 college boys out that far & I figured that they could help me if something went wrong. She LOVED it -- she kept saying "you're taking me out like daddy does!!"

We ate lunch @ the beach & the girls were SO tired that they both asked if they could come back to the house...you KNOW something is wrong when that happens. We got back & they both took a 2 hours nap. My daughter NEVER (NEVER EVER) takes a nap -- when they woke up the 1st thing they did was do crafts....

Then, layed on the bed & played computer games....

Then we went outside & rode bikes - under the house since it was raining - there was a big thunderstorm today -- probably because it has been so hot!! The girls didn't seem to mind much & as soon as the thunder was about over they were ready to ride their bikes!!


How CUTE are these two?!?! Matching outfits & all!! (not planned by the way!!)



We finished out night off w/ a few freezer-pops!! Quite a big day for 2 little girls!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So cute! Just think, if you moved to the beach, Anne would nap every day! She will be so tan when you come back!

Kristi said...

I can hardly stand the cuteness! So glad you guys are enjoying both the beach and the house as well!

Anonymous said...

So glad my girls are having fun....miss you guys an awful lot but I hope you are having a great time!

ShortandSweet said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW, very cute. And way to be brave girl!!!!

I'm so glad you guys are having fun!!!
Love her fishy bathing suit!!!