Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!!

Happy Father's Day to one of the most loving, kind, patient, fun fathers I know!
I am so blessed to have a man that is not only a wonderful husband but the most loving father I know. I remember the days during our "wait" for Anne Marie and he worried that he would not be the best dad - that he wouldn't know how to love & "handle" a girl - that he would not fall instantly in love with this child ... well, this man fell in love -- big time! He is a GREAT dad -- and handles "girls" just fine -- he's so patient with her, kind to her & always praising her - and when he can't praise her because she's done something wrong - he does so in the most loving voice .. it just amazes me! And the love she has for him is unbreakable! Watching the two of them together makes me love them both even more!!
And on this day - it makes me miss my own dad a little more as well. He would have loved Anne Marie -- and the relationship he had with Mike was like a father-son relationship and I know that Mike misses him as well. Such a great and sad day all in one - I'm so happy to celebrate this day with my loving husband and wonderful father-in-law. But will spend a moment today to remember my own father! We miss you dad!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Big Mike was very special, and I know how hard this day can be for you because of my mom and Mother's day. He would have been so proud of you, seeing what a great mom you are!!! It never did surprise me that our Mike is such a great dad, he has all the qualities that count. Being uncertain in the beginning is the best, it's the confident people that sometimes have the most trouble, because they don't feel they have anything to work on.

Kristi said...

Happy Father's Day Mike!
And like you, I'm missing my own father this year...