Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6th Day on Our Beach Vacation

Anne Marie sending LOVE to everyone at home!!!
(Love you Daddy!! Wish you were here)


We ended up on the beach a little late today. We didn't get out there until about 3pm -- however we were sooooo glad we waited that long! Today we went "fishing" for "friends" in the ocean. We 1st played a little bit -- jumping waves & swimming out in the deeper parts. But then the girls found the muscles -- the ones that are just @ the crest of the waves in the sand that furiously start to dig their way back in when the waves goes back. Well, they started a water-bucket to keep them in - then I took the net out a bit to try to catch something for their bucket -- well you wouldn't believe all the things that I found......................


My girl in the sand



The "jump-the-wave" picture of the day (like you needed one every day right? Well, you're getting one anyway!!)





Fishing for muscles....



Oh --- what's this mommy found???? An old sea-shell??


Yes, but it had something in it....


What looks like a lobster. I really don't know what it was, but that's what it looked like!



Ok -- how cute is he?? Anne Marie was not quite sure of him though.









Then, I found another huge muscle -- once we put him in the water he came out of his shell - he was huge! And when we would take him out he would stretch around "looking" for the sand to dig back around it -- Anne Marie again - wasn't sure about him, but Avery LOVED him!





Our little muscle friends we found.


Then, we found a hermit-crab -- full of barnacles & all!


Our "treasure" -- by the end of the day we had 1,158 (just kidding) small muscles - one HUGE one, a sand-crab, a hermit-crab, a "lobster" , 3 (YES 3) fish, and some seaweed. Quite the catch if you ask me -- and the girls thought it was a BLAST!! Lucky I'm not too squeamish -- but I think I might have had just as much fun as they did!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I think our four dollar nets were our best investment last year at the beach. Hopefully we can find a third much like the first two this year!

ShortandSweet said...

wow!!! STinkin cool!!!!
Send back the love to AnneMarie (and you too)!

ShortandSweet said...

SCARY!!!! Different bathing suit for AnneMarie everyday......good grief woman!!
And i am disappointed....i wanted pics of you dear! :)