Monday, May 3, 2010

A Girl & Her Daddy

Tonight was a very special night for Anne Marie & Mike. It was "father-daughter" night at pre-school. Poor Mike has a HORRIBLE cold, but with plenty of drugs in his system & cough drops & tissues in his pocket he was "ready". He didn't want to miss this for the world.
She was so excited to take Daddy to school with her. She had been talking about it all day. She kept saying "Daddy never gets to come to my school - and you're not coming with us!" (I would take offence, but Daddy NEVER gets to take her or pick her up from school due to where he works, so I knew it was all excitement and not that she didn't want me there) She even asked if she could wear a dress for the special occasion.
And as they left in the car, just the two of them, for their special "date", all I could think of is how grown up she's becoming and how right now her Daddy is the BEST GUY EVER in her little life & Oh, how I wish that would NEVER END!!
They were only gone a little over an hour - I was informed they shared a snack, made a special craft (which I was informed was a secret - so I'm assuming I'll see it on Mother's day?!) They had a GREAT time (cold and all!!)

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How sweet and wonderful. Of course this post is bringing tears to a mom's eyes. Because you're right, she will probably never be as much of a daddy's girl as right now. But once a daddy's girl, always a daddy's girl. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. By the way, even with the cold, they both look beautiful!

Kristi said...

Oh, I know what you mean about not ever wanting the "Daddy is the best guy in the world" stage to end. So precious!

Ally said...

Oh so sweet! I am sure they will treasure this day for years to come! Miss you guys!

Jen H said...

There is nothing like a Daddy and his daughter...too sweet!!!