Sunday, February 7, 2010

BEFORE our big snow......

This past Thursday we were bracing for our big snowstorm that was supposed to hit on Friday. The amount of snow we've had in the last month or so has been overwhelming! In December we got almost 30 inches - and this past week we had a snowstorm that gave us about 8 inches and then this storm was predicted to bring over 20 more. Well, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that we are suffering from MAJOR cabin-fever! The kids have not been outside for ages it seems. Well, I had enough! (And based on Anne Marie's attitude, so had she!) Our friend Mattie was at our house on Thursday -- so I decided -- it was time to find a way to get our "crazies" out! A local DQ has an indoor playground...so I decided -- forget the "bad for you food" we were going to eat lunch & play there for at least a couple hours. Especially since we knew that we would again, be shut in our house for at least the next 4 days! (Our local cleaning crew took at least 3 days last big storm to clean our road...so 4 is not a crazy estimate!) Well, on the way to DQ, I noticed the big open park area that we normally fly kites in during the spring/summer months. There was still about 5 inches of snow on the ground .. and I decided it was time to forget the "oh we don't have the right shoes, or the snow is a little too icy, or it's too cold outside" and pull the van over to let the girls RUN! They were 1st confused & 2nd excited! Once they realized I was not kidding ... they took off! They ran in the snow.....threw snowballs.....jumped on the "crunchy snow" (as they called it)....and let me take a few really cute pictures! (I'm SOOOO glad I had my camera w/ me!!) Then, we headed to DQ for some lunch, ice-cream & 2 1/2 hours of play time -- YES over 2 hours -- and they played the WHOLE time... you know they needed it!


Having a little fun throwing icy-snow-balls.


Jumping up & down in the "crunchy" snow...



My FAVORITE pictuers of the day!


Just happy to be outside!






Having a ton-of-fun @ the DQ playground!


Now, we did end up getting about 20 inches of snow w/ this store -- so there will soon be pictures to follow of our snow & "stuck-in-the-house" fun we had this weekend! I'm almost sure I've said this...but I AM DONE w/ SNOW!!! Please pray for spring!!!! (haa)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I know you are done with it but we would so love to have a little! The pictures in the tree's are so frame worthy!!! Gorgeous!!!

Ally said...

Great photos of your fun day! I know how you are feeling I think Arden and I have been in the house for 10 days with the exception of a 1 hour trip to the grocery store. We are looking forward to spring as well:)

Love the jumping pictures!

Ginny Hartzler said...

How blessed Anne is to have such a FUN mom!! Oh my, the tree pictures!! I will have to "steal" one or two of these for my blog! Now you've got me snowed in and wanting D.Q.!!!

Kristi said...

Way to take advantage of a fun moment in the snow field!
Praying for a thaw in your immediate future!