Monday, November 9, 2009

Trick-or-Treating....Finally!

This past Thursday night we were finally able to let Anne Marie get out to trick-or-treat. We talked to our family & neighbor and asked them to keep one piece of candy out of their Halloween treats for Anne Marie to come by after Halloween. Well, everyone must have felt bad for her, because she got more on Thursday than she would have if we actually would have got out on Halloween night! She got everything from gifts (from both our parents), to homemade caramel apples (my sister), to buckets full of candy....and it sure did make up for the ugly sickness that had her "down-and-out" on Halloween night.

Our little Zebra! Check-out the shoes if you can click on the picture to make it bigger. Our friend Avery handed down these shoes to us this year & we LOVED that they went perfect with our Halloween outfit!! TOOOOO cute!

Daddy & Anne Marie ready for trick-or-treating..

1st stop---my moms. She rang the doorbell, but we couldn't bribe her into saying "trick-or-treat" -- not even with gum (which is something she's been begging to have lately!)


Mom invited us to dinner (hence the lack of costume in this picture...but how cute is the shirt that a friend of mine made for her??!!) Anyway - this was just a sampling of a few of things that mom had waiting for her in her special Halloween bag. I love the shirt..I'm sure I've mentioned it but Anne Marie LOVES pink - she's asked for a pink house, even if we could get a pink cat! The shirt mom got her said "everything Pink will do".... cute!

Then it was on to Mike's parents house. I love the reaction on Mike's mothers face.

Again, inside she got her own special bag full of toys, treats, and VERY special cookies that Mike's mom bought from my friends bakery...Kai Lan cookies!! (My friend handmade these & I thought they were GREAT! Anne Marie LOVED them!!)
Well, I will say this was the highlight of this child's week... Thanks to EVERYONE that made "her" Halloween night special!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Love that costume! I'm glad that your sweetie got to have some trick-or-treating fun ~ she actually may have made out better than my kids...

Lisa said...

I just found found your blog and wanted to say "HI." It's been nice to meet you!

Anne Marie (my oldest daughters middle name btw)is simply beautiful!!! I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey.