Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A New Kind of Halloween "Fun"

This Halloween we had to stay indoors - due to Anne Marie still not feeling quite "back to normal". We were sad that we'd have to miss out on all the fun Halloween activities that we normally take part in. I decided that since there would be no trick-or-treating or Church festival I'd make a little fun at home.

We have since decided that since she's now better (yea!) We'd take her trick-or-treating this Thursday at our families houses .. they have kept a few special treats for her so she would feel just like it was Halloween night.

I decided an appropriate Halloween breakfast would be Count Chocula...I know ... I know.. what little girl trying to get well needs sugar? I figured after everything we'd been through this past week that a little sugar couldn't hurt! (She LOVED it!)
Then, later that day we got her pumpkin out (from her school festival) and helped her carve it.

Mommy & Daddy helping her clean it & carve the face. (She asked if her pumpkin "could have eye-brows like the one from the Homestead -- since we forgot him @ the hotel" -- she will never let us live down the fact that we left her pumpkin there!!)

Her final product -- she was very proud.

I had a special little gift to give her for Halloween. Caramel-Apple lipg-loss, a pumpkin sippy-cup, Halloween paper & special socks & a bow that I was going to give it to wear w/ her outfit that we had picked to wear to Pre-School for "wear black & orange day"
...but since we missed preschool...

So she decided that she wanted to put her outfit on that we would have worn on Friday so that her socks would match....so we let her make a "wardrobe change"

Anne Marie enjoying juice out of her new pumpkin-face cup

That night when trick-or-treaters came by we let Anne Marie watch from the door. But since she was still not well, Daddy had to hand out candy & she could only watch. I felt so bad for her, but we kept telling her that her trick-or-treat night would be a different night, and she seemed to be fine with it...so it was ok!


Finally...we ended the night with milk & cookies -- we got special "Halloween" cookies from the store .. I know...I know...more sugar, well, it was a special day you know!


And to see that smile...it was worth a little sugar..she had not smiled much that past week, so it was worth it.. and they were yummy!!

Enjoying her cookies!

Ready for bed after a long Halloween night.
We hope you all had a fun & safe Halloween!!

2 comments:

Ally said...

So glad she is feeling better. I hope everyone is nice and healthy for a long time.

Kristi said...

Glad that you guys found ways to still make Halloween fun! Judging from the smile on Anne Marie's face you were successful!