Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Harvest Festival

Last Monday @ Pre-school they had a "Fall Harvest Festival". Each child was told they could dress like a cow-boy or cow-girl and come for the day to join in the F-U-N activities they had planned.

Becuase of our great friend Avery's hand-me-downs - we had a PERFECT skirt & jean jacket & brown boots. All I had to do was add the cow-girl hat (purple I might add) from the $-store! Anne Marie was very excited to get dressed up and go to school.


Our sweet little cow-girl.


Once we got to school they had all the classes get together for a visit from "Cowboy Ray"! (Aka: our friend Terry) This is something he does for our Church and pre-school often....and it cracks me up! He sings in our praise band at Church, but his version of "country" is cute!!




Cowboy Ray's son - and our friend - Joshy -- From what I understand this is his dad's outfit he used to dress up in when he was a little boy....too cute!



Anne Marie listening to Cowboy Ray -- but she was VERY unsure of him... she knows Terry quite well, but I think she was a little confused when he came out in this "get-up"...she looks like she just might cry in this picture...but I thought it was funny how confused she was by it!



After our music time, we went out to the playground to find hidden pumpkins. She was very proud of the one she found!!



Then it was of to eat our "fall-snack"...I'm sure the most anticipated part of the day for Anne Marie..haa... it was candy-corn, candy-pumpkins & pretzels...her favorite combo!!



Then our friend Robin was doing face-painting for the kids..anything they wanted. She's an artist (in "real" life) and she did some GREAT characters.


Anne Marie chose a simple flower - she loved it!


Then, it was time for games - I ran the "pin-the-badge-on-the-sheriff" game - it was funny - we think Anne Marie may have been "peaking" - she got the badge strangely right on target!! (ha)


And then there was the pumpkin toss...such a cute idea.. I may steal this type of idea one day for a party of our own!


Again, Anne Marie "may" have been cheating a little....she was having a hard time getting the pumpkin in, so she found a sure-fired way...see the arm reaching all the way through? HAAA!



A group of cute little cow-girls & cow-boys!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun day! And my kids totally flip out over a snack bag of candy corn, a pumpkin peep, and pretzels too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is hilarious! The funniest of all is Anne looking so confused at Terry; the shot is priceless.