Where we live our down-town area has special summer activities once a month. Part of the down-town is set up to entertain children and the other part adults. Well, this month we decided to meet a few friends downtown and let the kids have a little fun. And being that 3 of our friends place-of-businesses were involved we thought it was a bonus!
First off, we hit our friends store -- She has a sweet little embroider / gift-shop. She was letting the kids create their own mugs & passing out balloons!! The kids were thrilled and there were "pink" balloons, so Anne Marie was happy
(until she popped it - but she was given a 2nd one - so, no worries!)
Then, it was off to the bakery. Another store owned by a friend of ours. She was letting each child decorate their own cookie. I don't have to tell you how well this went over!! WhooHoo!
(And I might have had a little "snack" while I was there too?!?!?!)
What a GREAT time had by all --- here's what I want to know --- how did my friends get so talented & where the heck is my talent?? I guess I should just be totally thrilled (and I am) that my friends have such wonderful talents, because it's great to know "friends in high places!"




3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Boy you do have alot of friends in high places! hee hee
What a fun celebration in your town! I love the concentration on Anne Marie's face while decorating her cookie! When is next month's celebration?
Hey, take another look at the pix of the blonde boy eating his cookie.... looks like he has 3 hands :) Sometimes I wish I did!
Post a Comment