Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beach Day #4

Today is another one of those days that I had too many pictures to choose from. It was a busy day for us! It was Memorial day, so the local YMCA was having a Pool-Party. They served hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, chips, and lemonade. The friends we're staying with have YMCA passes for here, so off we went -- you know we don't pass up a fun Pool-Party w/ free food!!! Anyway, the Y here is so nice. It's got 3 pools - a kiddy pool w/ all kinds of fun little water sprinklers and such, a 2nd pool to swim in and that has a slide, and a 3rd pool that is for swimming & has diving boards. Well, I can just tell you that some little "princess" threw a fit when it was time to leave!!

Anne Marie having fun in the water sprinklers

Our friend Emerson getting ready to show us his swimming abilities


Then, it was off to the beach. Today was the longest day there... I think we were out there until after 6:00pm! When we arrived, some other kids had already started digging some large holes in the sand, so that was the entertainment for the day. Playing in the, digging more of them, and jumping from one to another.


Our friends two older sons getting in the holes to show us how big they were.

Anne Marie and Mira.

Then, once the tide started to come in, it became a fun place to splash & jump around in.


Anne Marie asked Mike to play Frisbee with her. (He had been playing w/ the boys) and I will say though this child is not graceful, and probably did not catch the Frisbee even one time, she did have a BLAST.

The puppy was worn out -- she decided to nap on the surf board a little.


Even though I'm not the best photographer, I like to pretend some days. (ha) These are my "artsy" shots for the day........




Then, it was the "sad" part of the day. Mike, Mr. Jeff, and the big-boys had to head back home to work & finish school for a few days. They will be back on Friday to spend a few more days with us, but Anne Marie and I had to say goodbye to Mike. She was so sad, but I think we'll be so busy, and it will go by so fast, she won't notice much.



See you Friday Mike!! We miss you already!!!

3 comments:

ShortandSweet said...

looks like fun!! Keep the pics coming!!

Jen said...

Okay, can I just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of Mike and Anne Marie hugging!! Just something about Daddy's and their daughters that melt my heart!!!

Kristi said...

Bummer that Mike had to leave for part of vacation. I want to go to that YMCA by the way!