Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow-Ice-Cream!!

Yesterday while we were out playing in the snow we filled a bowl with fresh snow. I put it in the freezer overnight so that when Mattie came to be with us on Tuesday we could make snow-ice-cream. The girls had the best time making ice-cream...and eating it.

Scooping snow.

Our bowl full of snow.

Pouring the milk

Dumping the snow in milk, sugar & vanilla.

I let the girls pick out sprinkles to put on top.


The girls enjoying their ice-cream - YUM!!

3 comments:

Ally said...

What a great idea! I remember making that when I was young. Your are always so creative, next Martha!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I will have to try this again sometime!!

Kristi said...

You know, growing up in NC where we have so little snow, I've never even tasted snow ice cream. Thanks for posting this, I'll remember it in five years when we have a good snow again...
I was always curious about it and snow cream that Laura and Mary made in the Little House book series.
Anne Marie looked so happy out in all that snow!