Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentines Day

I want to thank everyone for your prayers for my mom. Things are looking better and after about 10 days, they've sent her home and we're "watching and waiting".


On Valentines Day, we decided we would spend the day as a family. We had a pic-nic lunch at the local park. The weather was nice (a little windy, but we already told Anne Marie we were going, so we braved the cold breezes.) She had a blast!

When we got home, we slipped away to make Daddy his "flower arrangement" with paper flowers & his "gift". Then we made chocolate dipped fruit - our dessert for our Valentines dinner. (I took Anne Marie to the $-Store one day before VDay and told her she could pick one thing out for Daddy -- Mike and I don't give each other gifts on VDay anymore, but I thought this would be cute -- She first had chocolate peanut butter hearts, he would have "loved" those, but then we turned down an isle -- and she says "OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Mommy, I want to give that to Daddy. He would love it! Do you think Daddy would share it with me?" So, I had to buy it! It was a huge marshmallow on a stick that had the letters L-O-V-E on it. (See the flower arrangement picture)

Eating our picnic lunch.

Daddy pushing her on the swings.

She loves, loves, loves to climb this. I have been to the park w/ her a few times since she's become brave enough to do it, but Mike had not. When she first climbed on it, I thought he was going to croak, he just kept looking at me and saying "you let her climb this by herself?" She's actually quite good at it now -- and very proud of herself when she gets to the top!


Loving the "swirl slide"!

Anne Marie "smelling" the paper-flowers we made for Daddy's gift

See? The BIG "LOVE" candy??
Anne Marie opening her gift (Hello-Kitty Bubble Bath)

Getting ready to help make our chocolate dipped fruit for dessert

3 comments:

Ally said...

I am so glad to hear good news about your mom. Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine Day! It's good to see ya posting again.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Photos of Anne Marie bring a smile to my face!

Kristi said...

I bet Mike LOVED his marshmallow stick...
Aren't family days the best? I find now that I would take a morning at the park with my family over a shopping spree any day!
The park near us at our old house had one of those climbing things too and the first time Ian saw Kylie climb it he had much the same reaction!