Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birthday Tea Party

A couple weeks ago was our VERY good friend Avery's 4th birthday party. We received an invitation to come dressed for a tea party. Anne Marie has a few dress up clothes, but I thought that I'd look for a couple new items to create a whole outfit. Thank goodness for family that passed down some really cute items, and the $1 bins @ our local Target!! (Wow, they really do have some cute stuff at Target).
Anne Marie woke up that morning excited about the party & I had a "surprise" waiting for her. I had laid out the new skirt, necklace, and shoes. (I also had laid out her other items we already had) We ate breakfast & then got dressed to go to the party.
I think all the kids had a great time - Avery's mom is so creative and had a "make a crown" craft set up, musical teapots all ready to go w/ "tea" (apple juice), a pin-the-tea-bag-on-the-tea-pot game, and we even played musical chairs to songs about tea-pots.

Anne Maire opening her new dress up clothes & jewelry.

Anne Marie all dressed up

All ready to go in her outfit w/ her cloak, wand, and purse (w/ puppy along for the ride)

We got to the party and there was an entire box of other dress up items to play with.

The birthday girl and her pink pony cake

Enjoying a "spot of tea"




Playing games with all the party goers

A group picture of all the princesses - and prince of the party

Anne Marie and the Birthday girl

1 comment:

Cindy M said...

Sweet party! I am looking forward to these days, once again, with Caroline. Seems like just yesterday I was planning princess parties for them! And I LOVE that picture of Anne Marie all dressed up! She is gorgeous!