Saturday, October 20, 2007

1 Year Ago....

As many of you know just 1 year ago (10/20/06) we lost my father. One of the hardest things about losing my father last October was the he missed seeing Anne Marie's referral by 1 month. I fought with myself about writing this in our blog. Part of the reason we have the blog is to keep up with our China friends, our family, and so that Anne Marie can go back one day and read all the neat things that we did in her life when she was a little girl. So, I decided that this was something that I wanted to post, as my father was such a huge part of our adoption process.

My dad was probably more excited about his new granddaughter than anyone we knew. He was a huge part of the process, and even did a little video clip introducing himself to her in December of 05. Part of me rejoices in the fact that he is with our Heavenly Father free of all the medical issues he had here on earth. Yet, as a human & a daughter, part of me is still so sad that he was not able to meet her & she will never "personally" know him. Mike and I will however, do everything in our power to let her know the love he had for her before she was even born!!

We miss you Dad!-- Love - Mis, Mike & Anne Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Melissa, I think it is great to write about something so necessary to remember and deal with. I lost my father two months before we began Graci's adoption and I too am very sad at her never knowing him or having a Grandpa. How wonderful that Anne Marie will have the video from her Grandpa.

Love,
Tami

Jennifer said...

That's awesome that you have that video footage of your dad to share with Anne Marie...such a treasure! We are praying for you.

Love Ya!