My mom still had this picture @ her house and when I put my childhood dress on Anne Marie. Obviously there was no way to do it exact, being that the chair no longer exists, and a few other differences, but still fun to try to do all the same.
But beyond that -- I have to say I think that this is TOO cute! (She is much cuter than I am of course!) It really is quite cool that my mom kept this dress so that I could re-create this picture with my daughter.
I was a little younger than Anne Marie @ the time my picture was taken. On the back my mom has written "Melissa before baptism". I don't know if this dress will make it another 30 years. There are a few threads coming out of the smocking, and the fabric is quite thin now, but I'm putting this dress in Anne Marie's "memory box" we've started to create for her. (Along with the dress we had her dedicated in.)
Thanks for the memories, Mom!!

"Then"
.jpg)
"Now"




2 comments:
So adorable! What a treasure to still have that dress! I have a rocking chair and cushion that look almost exactly like the one in the picture of you when you were little!
I disagree. I think you are both darling :)!
Post a Comment