Sunday, January 7, 2007





I have to say Anne Marie has the most wonderful family and friends. This weekend friends and family came together to throw a shower for Anne Marie (and Mike and I as well). I have to say that I couldn't have imagined a shower this wonderful! Thanks to Jenn H - Robin - Jennifer L - and Natalie for all you did -- we had a GREAT time!
She got beautiful clothes, great toys, wonderful books, and some great baby and nursery items. (As you can see by the pile of things in our living room!) There was great food, and what a cake -- thanks to a wonderfully talented friend of ours - Heather.
Speaking of talent. Everyone at the shower (and other family and friends that were not able to attend) sent in pieces of fabric so that another friend of ours - Jennifer L. - could put them all together into a beautiful quilt for Anne Marie. She did a beautiful job!!! The picture only shows the front, but the back is just as beautiful as the front. It has her name embroidered on it as well. Robin also put together a scrap book with a swatch of each fabric and well wishes from the friends and family that sent in that fabric.
I can not believe after 2 years we were finally able to have a baby shower for our little Anne Marie!! It's hard to imagine this time has finally come.
Now, on to packing for the trip (this will be the third try at packing Anne's suitcase) -- I got a tip to roll clothes instead of laying them flat -- maybe that will give me more room! (haa!!) Third time is a charm right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First let me congratulate you both on your referral for a beautiful little girl! I've had my eye on your blog since you started it!

Can I just say I love your quilt! I am working on some for our little girl and was wondering if there would be any chance I could get the pattern? I have already made her 100 wish quilt, but would love to make another one!

Thanks...and here's praying for a speedy TA!

Grace & Peace,
Tonya
www.graceacrosstheocean.com

Anonymous said...

Silly me....my email is tonya@mpdcad.com Thanks