Today we received our travel itinerary. We found out which hotels were going to be at and when all our government appointments are, but best of all ...... we found out that Monday February 5th will be the day that we finally get to meet Anne Marie!!!!
We can not believe that this time next week we will be in the air on our way to China. Reality is finally setting in I think.
The first few days we will be in Beijing so that we can see The Great Wall, Tienanmen Square, The Forbidden City, a pearl and jade factory, as well as a few other places they have planned for us. We will spend about a week in her Provence (Jiangxi) taking care of some paperwork, touring, shopping and hopefully bonding successfully with our daughter! Then we will travel to Guangzhou to finalize her visa and the rest of her paperwork, we will be there almost a week. We found out today that the weather will vary from 30 degrees all the way to over 70 degrees depending on which Provence we're in! Talk about a packing challenge!!! (And we can not have more than 44 pounds of checked luggage per person!!! -- I will be an expert at packing by the time we're done -- can I make a career out of that??)
We will then fly out of Hong Kong -- I wish we had a few days there, but I think unfortunately it will be just a few hours at the airport. I'm sure by the time that day comes, we will be SO ready to come home, we won't miss touring Hong Kong.
We will post at least one more time before we leave to say "goodbye" to everyone. We will also try to keep our blog updated while we're in China. We've been told that there are computers in the hotels that we can use based on a "pay per minute" basis. So please keep up with us while we're there, pray for us while we're gone, and post comments so we don't get "home-sick" while we're there!! (ha)
Melissa & Mike
Cluttered
18 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment