Well, this will be the last post until we are in China.
Since it is "officially" Wednesday 31st. (it's 12am and I still can't sleep) we only have 1 more day left. Today will be filled with final packing, double checking and triple checking. Making double copies of all of our paperwork (just in case) and saying goodbye to the "kids" - the cats Elizabeth and Charlie. (I just have to wonder what they will do when she's finally here!?!?!)
We leave Thursday a.m. @ 9:51am. We meet Anne Marie the afternoon of Monday 5th . We'll return on Friday 16th @ 5:05pm.
We'll be updating our blog from China and sending e-mails if at all possible!! If you'd like post notes on the blog while we're gone , we'd love it -- that way we can keep up with you all and feel more "at home".
We do ask that everyone say a prayer for us. Pray for safe travel, good weather, easy government appointments, and pray for Anne Marie as she adjust to us and deals with losing her foster mom and becoming part of our family. We pray that we're able to have a positive bonding experience while we're there. God has been so good to us and know that he'll be with us our entire trip and trust that he will see us through!!
We'll see you all when we're home and can not wait for each of you to meet Anne Marie. We'll let you all know when we're rested. (haa haa -- does that ever happen after you have children? I guess we'll soon find out!)
Melissa & Mike & very soon -- Anne Marie!!
Cluttered
18 hours ago




17 comments:
We love you guys and we'll miss you! I wish I had something sarcastic and witty to say on Dave's behalf, but alas, he's at work! =) Have a GREAT time! Mike, I hope they have Dr. Pepper for you. If not, let us know so we can get you a stash when you return so you don't suffer too much withdrawal!
Everyone at the school board is sending you hugs and kisses and lots of prayers! Hey, well in China, look for these special shoes that make noise when you step. Everyone I know who has adopted from there has bought them and they are great when you are teaching a little one to walk. From what I have heard, you can only get them there! Have a wonderful trip. We can't wait to meet Anne-Marie!
I am so, so excited for you guys! I pray that you have a smooth and enjoyable journey. I just can't wait to meet Anne Marie!
- Amber Conner
We are praying for you guys and are so excited for you to return with your little bundle of joy! Avery is so excited--she found a rattle that she wants to give Anne Marie when she arrives!!! I am sure that you have a mixture of emotions, but remember to breathe and enjoy each moment!! This is an experience that you will defiantely not want to forget!!!! We hope to hear news from China and we will see you all when you return!! We love you guys!!!!!
We know the exhilaration you're feeling during these very exciting pre-adoption days! We were in your shoes just 10 months ago, almost to the day. Savor every second and keep your hearts and minds open to every possible opportunity to remember everything about your new daughter's homeland. She will love hearing your stories about your "Journey to Anne Marie" when she's older. Take pictures even of the silly things, like storefront windows and park benches and grocery store counters. Adds to the "texture" of your saga.
We're sending you warm wishes!
Susan and Xinru
I've been thinking about you two all day--& I'm wondering if you can feel it through our freaky little bond??? There's a student at school who has been really interested in the process who's no longer in my class because of the new semester, but when I saw her today, I let her know that you were on your way to China. I swear, she looked so excited, you'd think that she knew you! Relax as much as you can, take in all that you are able, & for cryin' out loud--get me a picture of those hole-in-the-ground potties ASAP!
Wow, i can't believe you guys are there...its finally happening!! We're very excited and hope you have an enjoyable time seeing China through her eyes. Take lots of pics so she'll have something to look back on about her journey and yours! Be safe and remember: I can do everything through him who gives me strength" Phil 4:13
We love you guys!
Heather and Da Gang
(Go Bears!)
Mike and Melissa,
We thought of you on Feb. 1 and prayed for a smooth journey for you guys. By now you are recovered from the jet lag(not so bad going - but it was ROUGH coming back home!!) Enjoy these moments sightseeing the awesome parts of Anne-Marie's homeland. Monday will be here before you know it and very soon you won't be able to remember what life was like before you became a family of three! You probably know by now, but Dr. Pepper is available in China. And Squeaky Shoes - get all the sizes, colors and styles you could ever want in Guangzhou! At least for little girls that is! I had a hard time finding them for BOYS!!!!!! But Will did love the 2 pair that I found for him - he has now outgrown them both! We can't wait to hear about your Gothcha Day! Blessings to you both and Anne Marie. We know that God is finalizing the preparation of her heart to know you as her forever family!
Susan & Scott
Thanks for keeping us updating while you are in China. We are praying for you each day and praising God that this blessing is finally becoming a reality for all of you! We miss you and can't wait to meet Anne Marie and see Mom and Dad at home.
Blessings,
Scott and Kelly
Hello China travelers,
I can't believe that tomorrow is the big day. How special to get to meet your new daughter. I will be thinking of you and sending happy thoughts and prayers your way!!! Love, The Sawyers
We have been thinking about you since Thurs morning! Tomorrow is the big day!!! I bet you don't sleep all night! Riley and I pray for you every night. Mike, for some reason Riley repeats your name MANY times before we can go on with the rest!!! Our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you and we can't wait to meet Anne Marie!!!
Love,
Shane,Mandy,& Riley
Oh happy day!! Today is the day! It's 6am here so you've probably already had several hours to spend with Anne-Marie. I'm sure she is even more precious than you could have imagined. We'll be praying for your safe return home. Can't wait to see pictures of your new family.
Penny
Melissa and Mike,
We are praying for you guys! We can't wait to see pictures of you holding your beautiful daughter.
Love,
Megan, Patrick and Brannon
Well, I was just sitting here praying that Anne Marie would sleep okay for you tonight, which was what I was sure you were attempting right now. And I got an email from Jennifer saying that she was already asleep and took right to you both! I'm so excited! Sleep well!
Melissa,
I am so thrilled for you guys! I was so excited yesterday when we got the update that you finally got to meet Anne Marie. I just cannot wait until you guys are home and settled so we can have a play date!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Cristi
I thank you for including me in your e-mails. I am soo happy and excited for you and your family Melissa. I just saw the pictures that Jennifer forwarded. She is beautiful and a doll. I hope you are enjoying your time in China and please know that I am thinking about you WAY out here in Washington! I look forward to more pictures and stories about your family.
Jode Beauvais
MORE PICTURES MORE PICTURES MORE PICTURES! You're killing us here!!!
Heather Short
Post a Comment