Today is a wonderful day! God has come through for us again!
We received our consulate appointment today as well as booked our flights!
We will be leaving on February 1st. We will arrive in Beijing on February 2nd in the evening. (They are 13 hours ahead of us right now) So we'll loose a day, but that's one day closer to Anne!! Our consulate appointment is on February 14th -- how great is that !! Our adoption paperwork will actually be finalized on Valentines Day.
Mike and I know that God was watching out for our travel group, because we found out a couple days ago that one last family in our group still did not have that ever-so-necessary Immigration form. (The one we were waiting for a couple weeks ago) . Just yesterday they received a copy of their form that gave them their immigration approval, and just TODAY our consulate appointments came in. IF we would have gotten these appointments any sooner, this family may not have been able to travel with us. Now, all 36 families will be able to travel together! We just know that God did not want one family to be left behind!
We are praising God in a big way today and we are so excited that we finally are a step closer to our dream. We should have a full itinerary next week of when we'll be where and what day we will actually be united with our daughter. We will let everyone know as soon as we find out.
Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes, now, let's all pray for GOOD WEATHER! (ha)
Melissa & Mike
Cluttered
18 hours ago




4 comments:
You don't know me but I know your parents from attending church with them. To see the excitment on their faces as they give us updates about impending grandparenthood is so precious. What a wonderful way to begin your family by giving a child a chance who would other wise not have one. Looking so forward to meeting your precious daughter one day. Sincerely, Sharon N
Melissa & Mike,
Got your good news today. How exciting! We, along with lots of other people I'm sure, are so happy for you. I cannot imagine how you must feel. Your trust in God shows through amazingly loud and clear. What a testimony you will have and what a lucky little girl Anne Marie is to be coming into your lives. I know you will be wonderful parents--can't wait to see you in action! Thanks so much for your info and for keeping us posted. I can't believe Valentine's Day is your day to meet Anne Marie (did I understand that right?). Anyway, we will continue our prayers for you and look forward to your next update. Love, Ted and Susie
Congratulations guys!!! We know just how you all are feeling right now. Savor every moment of the trip -- it will be an amazing journey. We will keep you all in our prayers as you all pack, travel, and bond over the next few weeks.
Randy, Deborah, and Kaili Wheeler
That is so GREAT! I was so happy for you both when I read about this amazing answer to prayer. You have such an adventure ahead of you and so much to look forward to.
Be blessed in your journey and in your first meeting with your baby girl.
Post a Comment