We are very very lucky that Mike's work provides (for a very small fee every month) a family activity area near his place of business. (There is a gym, pool, playground, ball-fields & picnic areas) It always helps us have a great "go-to" thing to do in the summer on those extra hot days that we don't have any other things to do. We can even bring friends, so it certainly makes for a fun summer when we can hit the pool any day that we feel like it. (now, I just need to feel that way more often about the gym...haaa!)
Anne Marie has been very very good about learning how to swim herself. Two years ago she REFUSED to take swim lessons .... we tried, but if you were around then you will remember that she wouldn't even get 1/2 a foot in before she "lost it" and we had to cancel our lessons. So, I was determined to teach her to swim. I don't want her to be afraid of the water, but I want to make sure that she can swim! She has been doing GREAT this year. She actually learned to swim last year and took right to it again this year, and has been doing even better (especially with her swimming above the water -- she's much better at swimming under water.) One of her favorite things to do is jump off the edge & splash daddy as much as she can & then swim to the side and do it all over again!!!
TaaaaDaaaaa!!
Here's to a sunny summer full of pool-time!!!




1 comment:
Way to go Anne Marie! I remember reading your post about dropping out of swim lessons back then. And I totally understood it as my big girl hated getting her face wet too. Now we both have little fish!
Post a Comment