Friday, July 8, 2011

Our Girls New "Game"

 Someone is taking up daddy's other favorite "past-time".  Not only does she LOVE to play tennis with daddy, but now she's been asking him to teach her to play chess.  Oh no!  Actually it's kinda sweet.  Daddy (when he's not working) and Grandpa help teach chess at the local elementary school.  The school offers it as an "after-school-extra-circular-activity".  This is the school she'll be going to next year (ugh!  Let's not talk about that!)  I don't think kindergartner's are allowed to take part, but she's just getting a jump-start.


She's actually doing quite well.  She thinks she's actually beat Mike a few times & makes sure she tells EVERYONE she knows!  I will say in her defense -- Mike showed her one time how to set up the chess board and the next time they went to play she set the WHOLE board up in the correct order by herself!  Mike was amazed -- and thrilled I must say!  Who knows...she just may get good at this.

No comments: