Last weekend we headed out for another long-weekend trip. This time we headed to a state-park with our "BFF's" the "H" family! We live about 4hrs from each other, but try to make sure that each summer we plan a few family get-togethers. This summer our 1st plan was to rent a cabin at the park and spend a relaxing weekend with each other. The girls were THRILLED to see each other again!
There were smore's to be made --- and make them we did (both nights!) YUMMY! The girls had a blast roasting (burning) the marshmellows....and the adults were pretty happy about it too!!
We all played a little ladder-golf. (This was a new game to us - kinda fun!)
We spent most of the day @ the lake on Saturday - the girls had a ton of fun -- it was quite hot, but the water was cool, and even the adults had to get in every once in a while just to cool off.
We went for evening walks - and the girls just had to have walking sticks.... the daddy's delivered.
We had a GREAT time (MINUS the HUGE snake that we had to deal with at the cabin -- but I won't bore you with those details...all I'll say is that Mr. H had to do some crazy things to get that snake out of our cabin & who knew that snakes could climb trees??? Not me!!! AND ... I got ZERO sleep the last night we were there as I let Anne Marie sleep w/ me in a twin bed & maybe I might have felt a need to sleep with the light on!!) But other than the visit from "our little big friend" we really did enjoy our weekend!! Can't wait to see you all again H family!




1 comment:
We had a great time...sans the whole snake incident...on the positive side memories were made!! I am thinking the GWL would be a great spot for our next outing!! :) Miss you guys already!! :)
Post a Comment