Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our Favorite Time of Year

 A few weeks ago we decided to spend our Friday at the strawberry field.  Our friend M was @ our house and I thought it would be something fun for the girls to do together.  And, I was ready to make strawberry jam!  Mike actually pulled the LAST of last years jam out of the fridge the previous week.  (We always make raspberry, strawberry, & blackberry jam each year.)  We love this time of year -- it's always our "start of summer".....So, off we went with our little brown boxes.


 The strawberries were beautiful!  Every time we picked one it became the "biggest yet".



And they were SOOOOOOOOO Yummy!!!!  You just have to try one or two while you're picking -- just to make sure you're getting the "good-ones". 



The girllies w/ our loot.  They got to keep & eat the little green box while the two huge brown boxes will make plenty of jam, fresh ice-cream & enough to eat over the next few days.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last picture, priceless!!! Makes me remember how we interrupted your jam making!! Good thing I don't eat berries, or I'd be begging on your doorstep. I had to steal a couple of these for my blog, too!!! A berry good post!!! Glad to see you're catching up and posting more, though you haven't slowed down any, I don't know how you do it.

Jen H said...

Oh how I miss picking strawberries!! Cute pictures!

Kristi said...

We didn't make it to pick strawberries this year ~ darn moving...
Anne Marie and her sweet little friend are just darling! What a fun ~ and yummy ~ day!