Thursday, June 2, 2011

Officially a "Big Girl"


My girl is done with pre-school ... insert tears here......  I just can't believe how fast time flies.  Her last day of pre-school was the ritual "day of water fun".  She went equipped with a swim-suit, towel & gifts for her teachers. (keeping with the theme, we bought them beach bags, towels, reusable water bottles & sunscreen).  She was so excited as she said that summer "officially" started the next day (it's a very specific day to her & it's not the day that the weather service says it is... it's the 1st day she doesn't have to go to school anymore!!)  I'm going to miss having those 1/2 days with her where it's just me & her having lunch, shopping, cleaning & having some fun "talks".  I want to make this summer the LONGEST summer imaginable!  I am just NOT ready for her to head to "big-girl-school".  But she is - so much so that she's already starting to read, shes learning how to add (the other day she asked if I would give her 3 number problems...ugh!  I'm not going to keep up!!)  She's ready to make new friends!  She looks so big in this picture to me, and I'm so proud of who she's becoming ... just missing that little baby just a little bit!!  (I should bring the pictures from last year out and compare how tall she is compared to the sign, but I am so far behind in my posts that I just really can't find the time.  I'm hoping to keep up better this summer...yeah right!)

Her end of school gift from her teachers (and pre-school volunteers) was a quilt with hand & foot print pictures.  HOW CUTE IS THIS???  She (and I) LOVED it!!  She's already found a place in her room that she would like to hang it.  What a wonderful keepsake for her!! 


Her last day of school we asked the girls what they would like to do for a special treat & they asked to go to Ch*ck-F*l-A for lunch & for ice-cream.  It was hot & a PERFECT way to end our special day!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is so big now!! The quilt is beautiful and a wonderful keepsake! But just look at how happy and joyful the child is!!! She is abounding in joy!

Kristi said...

I get you on the proud of who they are becoming yet missing the baby. Oh I get you!
Call me on the first day of kindergarten and we'll support one another. Ours is August 25...