We can not believe it's been 4 years since meeting our daughter for the first time!!! Chinese New Year and Forever Family Day landed very close together this year. CNY started on 2/3 and Forever Family Day is 2/5. The evening of the 3rd I had a Church meeting, so we couldn't celebrate that night, and 2/5 we had another Church obligation, so we decided that we would celebrate both special days on 2/4. Mike and I took Anne Marie to her favorite Chinese Restaurant for a yummy dinner. This year her special "China gift" was given to her @ Christmas. (The butterfly kite) so we got her a 64pk of crayons and a coloring book. (She has really really been wanting one of those BIG pack of crayons ever since she saw her cousin Naomi's HUGE pack of crayons.) Of course we told her the story about what it was like in China when we came to get her & what it was like that first day we met her. It's so fun to re-count the memories of that day - and it's so sweet that she loves to hear all about it! (We're still hoping to have a CNY celebration w/ family & Anne Marie will be sharing some special CNY treats with her class-mates at pre-school this upcoming week. We're looking forward to that!!)
Then & Now! A family of 3 - things were so new in 2007 - in 2010 things are so comfortable - and we can not imagine our life without this beautiful child. It's amazing how God has blessed our family. It's like it's always been this way - we can't remember the days when she was not with us!!
Then & Now! It's amazing how this child has grown. Not only in size (and it's scary how much that has happened) but I remember how shy, scared & unsure she was those first few months. Now - she's talkative. (very very very talkative!) She's very opinionated, bright, creative, and smart! (I know---every parent says that -- but it's true!!) It's all going to fast and I want it to stop!! (Just for a while - so I can take in each wonderful moment - I just don't want to miss anything!!!)
Happy Forever Family Day to Our China Famlies!!! We're so happy we can share this day with you!!





6 comments:
Precious post...brings tears to my old eyes.
Oh how she's grown! What a little beauty.
And yes, I too want my big girl to slow down a little so that I can soak in the wonderfulness of each and every stage!
Oh my how she has changed!! I remember when we first met her and how different she is now. We love your little family and we are thankful that we have been able to watch your family grow into what it has become! You are an AWESOME mom!!
I hope your day was extra special :) Anne Marie gets more beautiful every time I see her sweet face. Miss yall bunches.
It really does go so fast...I was just thinking this morning how I have the urge to just dig my heels in and slow life down a bit! I cannot believe these sweet girls are going to be kindergarteners next year!
Anne Marie is just gorgeous...she has grown into such a beauty.
What a great post!!! I love these pictures! And I love the two old pictures, I have posted them many times. I did my anniversary post around the 16th and used some of the airport pictures. I tried to get Anne to watch the airport video with me and she didn't want to do it! Dang DS!!! But I did manage to get it away from her at times for NORMAL play!
Post a Comment