Thursday, January 27, 2011

January Update #1

Whew, it's been a long month.  What's our excuse for being "out of blog land"?  Not much - just lots of little things.  Getting cleaned up after Christmas, each of us were sick (strep, sinus infection & just plain yuck!), getting back to work/school,  and starting a new exercise/diet routine.  But I thought I'd backtrack & give a few post on our month that was (almost over) January....


Anne Marie's first sleep over in her new room!  Our friend Mattie came to play with us one day - and the girls decided that they wanted to have a sleep over ---- well, how could I say no when Anne Marie had just got her new trundle bed for Christmas JUST for this reason?!?!   There were lots of giggles, lots of popcorn, lots of dress-up activities, a movie to watch & pancakes to be made in the morning.  The girls don't get to see each other as much as they used to now that Mattie is in all day pre-school & Anne Marie in only in 1/2 day, so when they do get together it's more fun than ever!


The girls dressed up in their new outfits they got for Christmas.  (More on these WAY "TUTU" cute outfits in the next post.  Someone we know is making these way-tu-cute tutu's to raise money for their next adoption & the wonderful friend I work with is made these cute little shirts to go with the tutus - and she's offered to make them to go with any of the tutu's that are being sold to help them raise money!!)


The girls "camping out" in the living room watching a movie & eating popcorn

Ready for bed in our new Christmas gift -- they were so excited to be able to sleep together!

Helping w/ breakfast (pancakes) the next morning. 

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

WAY cool pics! It looks like they are holding hands in the first picture, so sweet!! I noticed the shirts right away, so adorable! Glad I got to see what the trundle looks like pulled out!!! I was about to ask you to pull it out and take a pic just to send ME, ha ha!!

Jen H said...

Such sweet girls!! Love the tutus and shirts...too cute!!

Ally said...

so glad you are posting again :) I know how time can get away and the last thing on your mind when things get crazy is blogging. lol

Love her new room :)

Kristi said...

A sleepover? How fun! We have yet to do that ourselves. Funny that when we bought Ky's trundle three years ago I thought it would be for a friend and not a sister...
And I want to know more about the shirts to go with the tutus. Are those tutus from where I think they are from?

Our Journey said...

Kristi -- YES they are from where you think!! I'm doing a little post w/ more pictures tonight -- and YES my friend can make the shirts to match her tutu's and she is giving some of the profits to her for her fundraiser!!