We've started giving Anne Marie an "allowance". Cleaning her room is something that we tell her is her "job" -- and if she helps with putting dishes aways, folding laundry, and other things around the house with mom & dad she gets a little change. (It really is the left over change we have sitting in a basket) We got a bank from the place that Anne Marie has a savings account & it has 3 sections - 1 for savings 1 for spending & 1 for giving. Every time she earns money she has to split it between the three. Well, we went for a long walk today and ended up down-town near a discount-store. We headed in for a little break - well they had TONS of things Anne Marie was eye-balling. There were bins & bins of jewelry - she begged for a few things (a butterfly necklace and a BRIGHT Christmas bracelet to name a few). So, I told her that she could buy a few things, but she had to use her "spend" money. And that she needed to keep it to $3.o0. Well, no sooner did I say that then someone we knew @ the store pointed out a huge wall full of purses.....ones that were loaded with sparkles, sequins, lace, ruffles & even pictures of little yorkie-puppies on them. And, what would you know...they were $3.00. Well - one caught our girls eye & she never looked back......I tried to talk her back into the jewelry -- but she would hear nothing of it. And.... "mommy you told me I could use my own spend money". So, at that point we took our prize home!! What do you think?...............................
Cluttered
18 hours ago




4 comments:
Well, let me just say that I can see why you tried to talk her out of it!! I will also say that it certainly is the most...er...unique purse I've ever seen! And It's almost bigger than she is! Cute that she calls it "spend money"!!
Oh, wow. What a purse. I'm sure you can find a way to "return the favor" for the kind person who pointed those out...
Great idea on using the change basket money! It's never to early to reinforce tithing, saving, and spending responsibly ~ if you can call that treasure responsible.
How adorable :) Girl who knows what she wants. This would be a great picture to save for when she is older!
*ROFL* I was just in that store and saw all of those purses. Before I scrolled down I expected to see this pink sequined one that was there.
Post a Comment