I can't believe it! Mike and I have been married 15 years!! I don't know if I'm sure we're that old?!?! We've known each other for 20 years -- we were best friends for 5 years before we were married -- we dated & dated & dated (other people) and all the while found each other much more fun that those we dated, but in our heads it just didn't click. Until one New Year's Eve. We each had dates and decided that we would meet back at his house after our dates to compare notes. When we realized that neither of us had that much fun we were hit with the thought "duh! We decided that we looked forward to meeting each other afterwards more than we did the dates themselves!" So started our short courtship - a very "hush-hush" few months to make sure it's what we thought it was, then we were engaged in May & married by October. Well, when you know, you just know!!
(Oh, wait, 24/23 year olds are kids aren't' they?!?!)
Here's to MANY MANY more my love!!




3 comments:
Oh my goodness, how wonderfully sweet! And I had to chuckle at the "meeting at his house to compare notes." Seriously? Did other folks tease you guys that you were missing the boat while you were dating others?
Happy, happy anniversary!
Congrats! I love seeing "old" pictures of people!
And that current picture of your beautiful family on the beach is SO GREAT!!!! Love it!
Congrats again!
Check you guys out!!! Whoop Whoop!!! Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment