Friday, June 11, 2010

The End & A Begining

Well, this past week was the end of something very special in our lives. Our friend Mattie has been with us every week (at least most of the time) for some part of the week since the girls were a little more than 1 ! Mattie is a daughter of a very good friend of mine, and we've had Mattie ever since her mother opened her own business. But school is out, and Mattie will be with her big brothers & sisters this summer -- and then this fall she will be going to Pre-K instead of the pre-school Anne Marie will be in, so Mattie will be in school all day. Anne Marie sees Mattie as her best friend and they are more like sisters than anything else. This past week we wanted to make our last few days special days to celebrate their friendship & even though we know that we'll still have play-dates, and weekend possibilities with Mattie we know that having her in our every day life will no longer happen! I have to say that it brought me to tears yesterday knowing that the girls are so grown up that one of them is ready for all-day school! We love Mattie just like one of our own & I'm also excited to see this big step coming for her -- she sure is excited about Pre-K. But, we'll miss her!!





BFF's



On Wednesday I took the girls to the park & to the local library. (I didn't get pictures of each -- I just decided we would enjoy our time together) We then came back home & the girls decided they wanted to have a "parade" w/ musical instruments. (I'm sure the neighbors were "thrilled" with all the noise -- but I thought it was cute!!)












Then Thursday I took the girls to my moms house to have water fun. Mom got out her slip-n-slide and we let them get in the hot-tub (unheated of course -- it was hot enough outside). Then we had a lunch outside on the patio. The girls had a BLAST -- and it was a perfect end to a perfect week! I'm just so glad they had such a fun day together!














We're excited for summer --- and glad that we get to have a lot of family time ... we're excited to see all the changes that the girls will have & to make new friends too -- but Mattie we'll miss having you here every day -- and hope to have LOTS of play dates!! We Love you!!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! A big change! Lots of changes this summer. Wonderful pictures, a collage for Jennifer might be nice! It's good the girls are growing and happy, but as the immortal Beavis once said "Change Sucks".

Beverly said...

You are building such wonderful memories for Anne Marie! Seh is a blessed little girl to have you all for parents.

Kristi said...

What a special tribute to their sweet friendship! Great slip and slide pictures by the way.

Ally said...

I hate goodbyes :( but they make the "hello again" so much sweeter!