Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Has "Officially" Started Here...

This past Wednesday was the last day of pre-school!!! I have mixed feelings about it. First, I'm SOOOO excited...I get my sweetie-pie all day every day for 3 whole months!! But then, it makes me remember that there is only ONE more year of pre-school & that means she's growing up WAY too fast!! She is actually very sad that school is over!! She's been fretting about it for a few days now...when she saw her teachers taking things down off the walls a few days earlier she started getting upset. (Her teachers told me about it one day when I came to pick her up) But after she asked what they would do this summer (she wasn't sure if they would be ok w/out her this summer...haaa) and the fact that we would still see her teachers & some of her friends @ Church this summer, she seemed ok. Her last day of school was a "beach party" everyone got to wear their bathing suits. I took a picture in front of the pre-school sign the last day - just as I did the 1st day - and it made me notice a few things. #1 - How scared she looked that 1st day - but now she's just SOOOOO happy to be there. #2 - How tall she's grown. I don't know if part of it was that she was standing in a different spot, but you can tell based on the sign that she's grown quite a bit!!


Last Day of 3yr-old pre-school!

1st day of pre-school in September 2009
Then, it was on to our friends house for an "end-of-the-year-party"!! Quite a few friends were able to join us at our friends house to continue the "beach theme" end of year celebration.

Some of the girls...all ready for some water fun in their suits & cover-ups.



We jumped in the pool...(check that height that Mattie got!)

We ate Popsicles!! (YUM!!)

We played in the water

We road bikes

We played in the water table

We just had a TON-O-FUN!!

Then, later.......we got our "summer hair cut"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are now READY for a fun summer vacation!!!! Thanks to all Anne Marie's teachers & friends for such a special year & end-of-school-year celebration!! We hope you enjoy your summer as well!!!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, look at the change in your little sweetie over the school year! The end of the year party looks like it was a blast, and I just LOVE her new summer do!

Ally said...

Love her new haircut and wow how she has grown. We too are looking forward to summer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She has REALLY grown! That's amazing! I love the smile on her face now vs. the unsure look of her face the first day!
Holly

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Melissa, you have got to post more often so I don't miss stuff like this! It was a stroke of GENIUS to put those two school pictures together! She looks so tiny and vulnerable in the first one, almost like she's just kind of wants to sink into the ground. Then what a blossoming!! Big and confident and happy! But I must say she now looks about 7 in the new picture. And I thought she looked so very big in the first day of school one, remember? Man, you got jumps with both feet in the air! LOVE the cutie pie haircut!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I think I'm going to have to be Swiper and swipe those school pics to post on my blog sometime. Proud grandparents gone wild alert!!

Robin said...

what great pictures!!!!!! love having a photographer here for my events=)