Well, I'm going to post this w/ fore-warning...we live in a small town (a VERY small town). And as most of you know Mike and I are always on the quest to find FREE & FUN things to do on the weekends. Well, this weekend was an all-time-step-outside-your-box weekend. Our local city-public-works was having a "field day". Basically this means that the city road crews were offering up their area for the whole town to see. And while they were at it, they had "fun" (and that is in quotes for a reason) for the kids & adults to do......
Now, as for what Anne Marie is doing in the above picture.....she's standing in front of a HUGE mountain of gravel/asphalt that they made for the kids w/ tunnels to climb on & through! TRULY! And, should I mention I put Anne Marie in a CUTE (CUTE CUTE) outfit that consisted of white (WHITE WHITE WHITE I TELL YOU) shorts w/ pink ladybugs on them & a pink & WHITE shirt! Now, let me just tell you that this was one of her FAVORITE things she did all day -- and I'm praying as we speak that the spray-stain-remover is working in my washing machine right now!!
(REALLY --- ASK ME!!).................
Well, we saw trash trucks, the water-treatment plant, the sewage plant.. (ugh, I swear I smelled something!!!!) And all the recycled parts that they keep on grounds.
FINALLY...... the "piece de resistance"......what do you think the girls might be admiring??? Please... again.... ask me!!!......
Really!! It was .... it had a potty -- and how it flows through the pipes & ends up in the "big bucket " in the end that is to simulate the city-sewer-system...and then they took them in a small trailer to show them where it goes and how they can place camera's in our local pipes under the city streets to see how the pipes are "doing". They even pulled up the street's camera right next to our street. WAYYYYYY MORE THAN I WANTED TO KNOW OR SEE!!
Ok -- so I'm being honest here -- my daughter had a GREAT time. She got to get climb a dirt pile & get dirty, get a "gift bag" w/ treats, play on huge tractors, trucks, and tires, take a hay ride, and learn how a potty works! Well -- I can only say IT WAS FREE! Haaaa!!




6 comments:
Ewwwwwwww!!! But I do think this is something that kids would LOVE! They just don't know enough about germs yet to make them squeamish. A day you will all never forget, I'm sure! But looking at these pictures, I'm so glad that my day of adventure today was all clean. I love the picture of the girls in the big snow plow shovel. It absolutly dwarfs them. I'm glad to see you are posting more, perhaps it's the great weather!
Very cute...looks like you all had a great time!!
I just found you on Ginny's blog and came over when I saw you mentioned the book fair. I'm guessing you're from that area? And, I've seen your beautiful daughter on Ginny's blog so I'm guessing at the connection. I'm originally from Virginia and still love going back to that book fair. I also love the surrounding areas and the small towns. My sister lives in Stuarts Draft so we enjoy The Cheese Shop, the Dayton Farmers' Market, antiquing, etc. Maybe we'll run into one another some October. As you can probably tell, I jump at every Virginia connection!!
Best,
Bonnie
Hey Mike and Melissa, Looks like Anne Marie is doing great! Hope you guys are well. I would love to compare notes on adoption at some point. Feel free to shoot us an e-mail. Do you have our e-mail? I can figure out a way to get it to you if you don't. Take care and great to hear from! Joyce & Allen
That is absolutely hysterical! I LOVE it! Too bad my sister didn't take her son there - he would have LOVED it!
Love and kisses,
Holly
Here's hoping those shorts are white again...
The former teacher in me is so jealous that I missed out on such a day. What a cool way for kids to learn about what goes on behind the scenes to keep our cities running.
Post a Comment