Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Does It Take To Make A Girl & Her Doll Happy?





I am very excited about my Good**will find this week! I went looking for something I needed to make a craft...as I was looking at something I looked across the room & noticed something familiar... the "Corolle" brand logo...I could see if from that far away! (That's the brand of our ever-soooo-favorite baby Ling - as Anne Marie has named her) Well, I started up the isle right away...and "swooooosh"... a little elderly lady picked it up & looked it over & put it in her cart! BooooooHisssssss :(

So, I went on my way looking @ other things. Then, in the toy section, I saw a little girl playing with it....the lady must have put it back! So (is this bad?) I hung around to see if the little girl was going to ask her mommy for it. When the mom called her so they could leave, I pounced (I did let her get 3 isles away to make sure she wasn't coming to get it). I took Anne Marie to the toy section & said "Do you see anything fun you might like today?" .... She saw it RIGHT AWAY! "Oh mommy, baby Ling would be so impressed" (I know....where did that come from?..impressed...what a funny choice of words!) She looked at me with those sweet brown eyes & I told her to grab it & we'd get it. I looked @ the price & couldn't believe it!! These things sell for $40!! It was in PERFECT shape!

We brought it home, wiped it down, and as I was cleaning Anne Marie informed me that she needed to get Ling dressed-up. (I guess this really is a BIG occasion!!). So, now you know what it takes to make a girl & her baby doll happy ... $2.65 for a a really cool toy that may have already been used....but don't you love @ this age...they just don't care!! SCORE!!

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I guess I need to stop by that store more often, but I just NEVER have the luck that you do! And none of my friends do, either. We all get very disheartened and frustrated. I don't know how you do it, but finds like this are certainly blogworthy!

Kristi said...

I didn't know that Corolle made a swing. And you got it for $2.65? That is a CRAZY good deal!
The only thing sweeter than the deal is how sweet Anne Marie looks with her baby in it.

Jen H said...

Ahhhh...what a steal!! I know that Anne Marie is loving it!! Miss you guys!!

Jen H said...

Ahhhh...what a STEAL!! I know that Anne Marie is loving it!! Miss you guys!!

Jenny Wheelis said...

You go girl! That is my kind of deal!!

Cindy M said...

Oh, man, I LOVE a good deal, and that one is amazing! I didn't know they made those, either! So much fun when you come across those great finds!