Anne Marie had quite a fun filled birthday weekend! We had dinner, dessert & gifts with Mike's parents one night. Then we took her to dinner @ for our "annual Ruby-Tues" birthday dinner treat, and then she had a very special fairy-princess-tea-party @ the bakery that my friend owns. She was treated like royalty all weekend -- and had WAY too much strawberry cake! (Every place we went she ended up having strawberry cake -- probably because pink is her favorite color & that's what everyone thinks of when they think of her!
My girl is 4 ... I just can't believe it! She seems so grown up and the number "4" just seems like a huge step in the "grown-up" direction. I feel like I can no longer call her my baby (but you know I will). She's becoming such a beautiful little girl, that has very strong opinions and isn't afraid to tell everyone what those opinions are. She is so creative - so artistic - and so full of energy. I love that every night she prays for all her friends and family & even our two kitties. (and she still prays for my back every night too -so sweet!) She's ALL girl and our house would be pink if we'd let it be!
She's such a blessing to our family & I thank God every day for her & thank Him that he planned our family in this way. It's amazing how he knows well before we do what the plans are for each of us. As I look back at how I wished & wanted the adoption process to go faster that NO other child would have been more right for us!! He knows, much better than I and I'm so thankful!

Our fairy-princes cake. My friend and I worked on it & I think it just turned out
tooo cute! She loved it...It broke my heart to cut into it!

The "tea-party" (apple--juice) table! My friend and I even made little tea-cookies to match the plates..we also made
pb&
j's in the shape of flowers, little cucumber sandwiches & fruit salad. The girls LOVED the tea-party..we served them & they each felt like a princess!

Everyone was asked to come in their
favorite "dress-up" and then they got their own fairy-wings when they got to the party.

The girls got to make crafts instead of doing games. We made our own crowns (with what else - glitter & gem stickers). We also put together wooden-princess
necklaces.

Cousin Naomi, our friend Mattie & Anne Marie show off their home-made crowns and princess
necklaces that they each made. Too cute!

The whole gang! What cuties!!

Our annual family-dinner-trip! We were just looking back at the last 3 years of pictures..it's so funny to see how much she's grown! The first picture she had almost no hair & was just
so tiny. It's kind of fun to go to the same place & get the same
picture every year. I just wonder how long we'll be able to do this before she doesn't want to eat here anymore!


After dinner, we went back home for gifts from mommy & daddy. Daddy make her a barn for her little
horsies and I made her a shirt & baby-Ling a matching doll dress. She LOVED the barn (not that she didn't love the shirt & dress...but the barn was really cool!) Daddy did such a good job on it...and it's his 1st real project for her. She got the biggest smile on her face when she walked in the house & saw it. She's been bragging about it to all her friends!

Grandma & Grandpa also took her out to dinner one night. She chose Mexican food & they also had strawberry cupcakes waiting for her. We went back to their house to open gifts & spend a little time with them. She got the mermaid doll she's been asking for. (You can take it in the swimming pool & it changes hair color..
whoohoo!) Isn't it funny how the wrapping paper just happened to match her shirt that night? Not planned by the way!!!
Well, another year has come & gone -- it's just all going tooooo fast! Happy Birthday our sweet girl! I'm so looking forward to seeing what "4" has in store for us!
4 comments:
looks like she had a wonderful weekend celebrating her day! Love the cake!
goodness gracious, those are some cute photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perfect princess themed party for your little darling! I know, can you believe four already? Next thing you know, well, I don't want to think about it. The good thing though is that I like each age a little better than the last!
This is my first look at the barn. Way cool! And the group picture, however did you gat them to all smile at once??? She's still OUR BABY!! And will be till she's 13!!!
Post a Comment