This Saturday Anne Marie and I caught an "ugly-little-bug". Violent, but fast moving (thank goodness!). And we were very thankful that Mike did not catch it --- he was a good boy and took care of us all weekend!

On Sunday we told Anne Marie that we were going to have to miss Church and stay inside for the day to recover and to keep our germs to ourselves. She was not happy about that. I think she felt much better Saturday night, but I was still having a rough time, so I just wanted to lay around on Sunday. (And it didn't help that the weather was BEAUTIFUL on Sunday!!) She asked if she could go to Grandma & Grandpa's to play w/ their blocks. We told her maybe another day. Mike had gone out to get us Ginger-ale, mashed potatoes (it always makes me feel better...I swear!) And he came home w/ a little surprise for Anne Marie....


She's been having fun ever since!! I guess it made the whole "shut-in" day worth while!!

Anne Marie and her "train". Thanks Daddy for helping us feel better!!
2 comments:
Mike gets a big prize in my book for being a hero this weekend!
I had almost forgotten about "sticky bricks," my kids at preschool used to LOVE those things. Anne Marie looks so content building with them!
She is so beautiful even when she's sick! Too bad you told her "no" about going to Grandma and Grandpa's,but we are very glad you did not expose us! Mike got her the bristle blocks!! Way to go!!! Growing up, I always associated being sick with getting a treat. and the sicker I was, the bigger the present. If I got a huge one, I thought I was dying!!
Post a Comment