Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Fun

Today was Columbus Day...that meant no pre-school...no Mattie..but Daddy had to work, so... it was Mommy & Anne Marie day!!! I decided to make a special day of it. The weather was cold & very "bla", so I decided that we would pull out all the fall decorations (including our cute little pumpkin acorns) and decorate the house. Then when Daddy got home we'd go get a mum and maybe let Anne Marie pick out a baby pumpkin from our local nursery. (We're going to the pumpkin patch next week, so we're still not ready for the "big" pumpkins yet.)



I started the day w/ special pumpkin shaped buck-wheat pancakes. I used our pumpkin cookie cutter (needless to say I ONLY made Anne Marie these pancakes, because it took FOREVER w/ only one cookie cutter...but she LOVED them!!)




After putting out all the fall decorations & acorn-jack-o-lanterns, I got out a special gift (that I got on clearance last year for $0.25 after Halloween) for Anne Marie - fun Halloween window clings. She was so excited, she wanted to put them on the door & front window. She couldn't wait until Daddy got home to see her new decorations!

Then, I let her get out her scarecrow "friends" she picked out last year and put them in the front of the house by the walk-way. She wanted me to take a picture of her with them. (So cute)
Then, Daddy got home.....so off to the garden center we went. I love going there in the fall. They have beautiful flowers, fun pumpkins - you know those "baby" ones and those fun shaped & fun colored ones. Just one year I want to buy one of the white ones & find a cool way to carve it so the color inside just peaks through...I'm just not that talented yet!

Anne Marie hanging out in the pile-o-pumpkins!




This year the garden center had a new fun "game". They used all the hay-bales they had and made a fun maze for the kids to run around in. Anne Marie had a BLAST! She played in it for about 1/2 hour! She was actually M-A-D when we had to leave. Not even the thought of picking out one of those fun baby pumpkins made her want to leave the maze.

Anne Marie and Daddy planting our new mums on the front porch.
Happy Fall!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun "pumpkiny" day. I'm feeling pretty bad that I have yet to make shaped pancakes for my kids...

Ally said...

I see that you are feeling yourself again! Such a great mom!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What awesome pics, and what a lucky girl she is to have such amazing parents.